Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What I carry with me!

Oranges are a very good source of vitamin C, something that I haven’t gotten much of in the past 7 days. Back in Philly, I always make sure that I have some sort of snack packed with me when I go to class, the only difference is that here in Rome I don’t notice myself craving food the way I do back home, especially while I’m in school. Although I carry oranges with me at all times in my school bag, it seems as though I’m always too caught up in this new city to actually reach in and snack. Come to think of it, I should really take them out of my bag now that it’s been a week and they’re probably rotting.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another essential item I carry with me in my bag is a bottle of water. It is so interesting to me that Roman don’t drink water from a bottle all day long considering the extreme heat they are face during these hot months. In fact, I’ve noticed that nobody in Rome eats on the go which, to me, is an indication that people here just don’t really rush to get anywhere! They somehow find the time to stop into a café and grab a bit to eat or a cup of coffee. When comparing this fact to the American way of life where everyone needs to be doing something ALWAYS, its kind of a relief that I’m in a place where people don’t run around frantically and still get things accomplished.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two of the most important items in my bag are my hot pink Prada pure and my cardigan. My purse holds things that are very important to me (credit cards, money, camera) and I like to make sure that these things are always safe and secure every time I open my big school bag. My cardigan is super important to me because I HATE being cold. The feeling of “cold” is much worse for me than the feeling “hot”. In other words, I would walk across Rome on a hot summer day fifty times before I walk across Broad street in February. It may actually be a small case of O.C.D. or some kind of paranoia but I NEED to have a small jacket with me at all times when I know that it may be or may get chilly. When I got through everything in my bag, it doesn’t seem as though I have anything out of the ordinary or carry strange objects that you wouldn’t find in any other bag. However, I feel as though the things I carry in my bag identify with me and say a lot about the type of person I am.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: