Sunday, June 10, 2007

Map Myself

For my Inner/Outer map assignment, I decided to make a triangular fold-out map. For my outer map I decided to keep it simple because I believe that anyone can go on a vacation or visually see extraordinary sights, however, it depends on whether or not the person takes it all in an appreciates what he/she sees. Personally, I feel extremely fortunate to be have this opportunity to stay here in Rome and to be able to travel to different European cities. I know that not many people my age get to go through this life changing experience and this makes me appreciate my parents more than ever. So for my external map I simply chose to make a pop-up map of Rome leading to a pop-up map of Venice (which is where I went for the weekend).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Internal map shows all the sensation that I am feeling. Everything from my brain down to my toes, the map expresses what I am feeling. I took this part of the project very seriously because at the moment that I was doing this assignment I was feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety and frustration (travel agency/public transport). I portrayed my inner most feelings and connected them to each part of my body. For example, from my head I drew a bubble of things that I was pondering all weekend

No comments: